2.5.09

A Dog Chasing Cars / Agent of Chaos

« "Do I really look like a man with a plan, Harvey? I don't have plan. The mob has plan, the cops have plans. You know what I am, Harvey? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it. I just do things. I'm a wrech in the gears. I hate plans. Yours, theirs, everyone's. Maroni has plans, Gordon has plans. Schemers trying to control their worlds. I'm not a schemer. I show schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are. So when I say that what happened to you and your girlfriend was nothing personal, you know I'm telling the truth." 
The Joker have Dent his pistol and stood still as Dent aimed it. The Joker leaned forward, pressing his head against the gun barrel. "It's the schemer who put you where you are. You were a schemer. You had plans. Look where it got you. I just did what I did best - I took your plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I've done to this city with a few drums of gas and couple of bullets. Nobody panics when the expected people get killed. Nobody panics when things go according to plan, even if the plan is horrifying. If I tell the press that tomorrow a gangbanger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobod panics. Because it's all part of the plan. But when I say that one little old mayer will die, you upset the etablished order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. And you know the thing about chaos, Harvey? It's fair." » (The Dark Knight)

0 discussion(s):